We’re hiring a full-time junior architectural draftsperson/designer to join our team this spring. Work will consist of assisting in all phases of architectural design and construction documents, construction phase services, material sourcing and specifications, budgeting, presentations and general project support.
Excellent AutoCAD drafting abilities and 3D modeling skills are a must. Candidates must be highly motivated and quick to learn, and should be knowledgeable about or eager to learn about sustainable architecture and construction. Should have a passion for architectural design and desire to learn and grow in a small firm in which they can contribute to all aspects of a project. Candidates must be responsible, organized, punctual, reliable, and have strong communication skills.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• B. Arch Degree
• At least (2) years of in-field experience
• Proficient in AutoCAD 2D, including XRef management, construction drawing preparation, and design detailing
• Proficient in SketchUp, Photoshop, Adobe Suite and Mac software
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
• Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
• Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and workload
• Valid driver’s license
• Experience working with structural and mechanical engineers
• On-site construction services experience
This is a full-time, salaried position. North River Architecture & Planning offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates, regardless of race, gender, age, or sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email a PDF portfolio and/or other relevant samples of your work along with a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org