North River Design Build is hiring a Junior Architectural Draftsperson/Designer!
As a full service design-build company, North River has a mission to bring to market Net Zero and Certified Passive House homes in the Hudson Valley. Our work can range from full custom designed home concepts to modifications on our suite of Flexhouse offerings. North River Design Build focuses on bringing these homes from our designs to turnkey client services.
We are looking to bring on a full-time junior architectural draftsperson/designer to join our team this summer. Work will consist of assisting in all phases of architectural design and construction documents, construction phase services, material sourcing and specifications, budgeting, presentations and general project support.
Excellent AutoCAD drafting abilities and 3D modeling skills are a must. Candidates must be highly motivated and a quick learner, and should be knowledgeable about or eager to learn about sustainable architecture and construction. Should have a passion for architectural design and desire to learn and grow in a small firm in which they can contribute to all aspects of a project. Candidates must be responsible, organized, punctual, reliable, and have strong communication skills. Our workplace is fully remote; candidate must be willing to work from home. Hudson Valley region is preferred but not required.
• B. Arch or M. Arch Degree
• At least (2) years of in-field experience
• Proficient in AutoCAD 2D, including XRef management, construction drawing preparation, and design detailing
• Proficient in SketchUp, Photoshop, Adobe Suite and Mac software
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
• Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
• Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and workload
• Valid driver’s license
• Experience working with structural and mechanical engineers
• On-site construction services experience
• Passive House experience or Certified Passive House Consultant credential
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and for more information.