As a full service design-build company, North River has a mission to
bring to market net zero and certified passive house homes in the
Hudson Valley. Our work can range from full custom designed home
concepts to modifications on our suite of Flexhouse offerings. North
River Design Build focuses on bringing these homes from our designs
to turnkey client services within a year.
We are looking for a full-time staff carpenter, to be brought in as a
salaried position with benefits. Candidate should be able to assist on
multiple projects, across multiple disciplines on multiple phases of
construction. We are looking for someone with construction
experience who can assist on work ranging from carpentry, to site
cleaning, material pick up and everything in between.
Included, but not limited to, tasks such as:
- installing Passive House/Net Zero materials and assemblies, including
underslab insulation, air barriers, and window and door detailing
- supporting the work of energy efficiency construction
professionals/subcontractors on site, including HVAC, water heating,
electrical and lighting systems, and air sealing/insulation
- installing wooden structures such as infill framing, interior
partitions or blocking.
- installing cabinets, shelving, fitted furniture, wood finishes, trim,
drywall and insulation.
- adding fixtures and fittings such as door handles, locks, hinges and
- anticipating material needs for the assigned tasks, and be responsible
for assuring the needed materials are on site.
- work with staff carpentry assistants to help complete tasks.
- liaising with suppliers and other construction
professionals/subcontractors on site.
- reading blueprints and designs to work to specifications prepared by
other construction professionals, architects and building code
- must have a car for local travel, will be looked to for local travel
to and from material suppliers or similar.
- must be prompt and reliable.
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of construction