As a full service design-build company, North River has a mission to
bring to market net zero and certified passive house homes in the
Hudson Valley. Our work can range from full custom designed home
concepts to modifications on our suite of Flexhouse offerings. North
River Design Build focuses on bringing these homes from our designs
to turnkey client services within a year.
We are looking for a full-time assistant carpenter, to be brought in as a
salaried position with benefits. Candidate should be able to assist staff carpenters on
multiple projects, across multiple disciplines on multiple phases of
construction, learning the trade along the way. We are looking for someone with construction
experience or an interest in growth in this profession, who can assist on work ranging from carpentry, to site
cleaning, material pick up and everything in between.
Included, but not limited to, tasks such as:
- assisting with installing Passive House/Net Zero materials and assemblies,
including underslab insulation, air barriers, and window and door detailing
- assisting with support of the work of energy efficiency construction
professionals/subcontractors on site, including HVAC, water heating, electrical
and lighting systems, and air sealing/insulation
- assisting with installing wooden structures such as infill framing, interior
partitions or blocking.
- assisting with installing cabinets, shelving, fitted furniture, wood finishes, trim,
drywall and insulation.
- adding fixtures and fittings such as door handles, locks, hinges and
- managing on site materials
- work with staff carpentry to help complete tasks.
- liaising with suppliers and other construction
professionals/subcontractors on site.
- assisting in material pick up and delivery offload
- must have a car for local travel, will be looked to for local travel
to and from material suppliers or similar.
- must be prompt and reliable.
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of some knowledge or experience in construction.