North River Design Build is hiring a part time estimator!
As a full service design-build company, North River has a mission to bring to market Net Zero and Certified Passive House homes in the Hudson Valley. Our work can range from full custom designed home concepts to modifications on our suite of Flexhouse offerings. North River Design Build focuses on bringing these homes from our designs to turnkey client services.
• Review all plans and specifications, permit set of drawings and Owner requirements with Team
• Prepare bid proposals, including the cost breakdown, clarifications, scope, and exclusions
• Prepare and Manage Drawing List
• Processes and distribute R.F.I.s for estimating and job addendums
• Prepare preliminary subcontract takeoffs
• Respond to all subcontractor inquiries in relation to bids
• Assist with pricing of drawings and drawing revisions
• Assist in pricing of owner and subcontractor change orders including preparing written narrative and drawing-overlay
• Prepare subcontractor comparison sheets for evaluation
• Prepare estimates, turnover to Project Managers
• Assist Project Managers in generating scope of works for all trades
• Prepare Owner / PM bid books
• Prepare post-bid buyouts
• Ability to perform material takeoffs
• Proficient in Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Calendar)
• Familiarity with BuildTools, Sketchup + AutoCAD is a plus.
• Effective negotiation skills
• Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize work assignments
• Extreme attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Working knowledge and comprehension of blueprints and plans, as well as construction management
• Associates/Bachelor’s degree in a construction related discipline
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in the construction industry performing in this field
This is a remote, part-time (20 hours/week) position. Please email email@example.com with your resume and for more information.