North River Design Build is hiring a site project manager!
As a full service design-build company, North River has a mission to bring to market Net Zero and Certified Passive House homes in the Hudson Valley. Our work can range from full custom designed home concepts to modifications on our suite of Flexhouse offerings. North River Design Build focuses on bringing these homes from our designs to turnkey client services.
We are looking to bring on a full time construction project manager, capable of running up to two simultaneous projects in various phases of construction. The candidate should be able to assist in the budgeting phase and should take control of project oversight as it moves into construction.
- Subcontractor management through all phases of construction.
- General construction oversight: making sure that timeline, budget, energy goals and design intent are carried out on site.
- Management of multiple job sites in parallel.
- Coordinate and assist in project budgeting, from preliminary conceptual budgets through final pre-construction budgets.
- Perform material take-offs for pricing and acquisition.
- Subcontractor outreach and bid management.
- Receipt and Purchase Order management.
- Receive and process submittals from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assist in payment requisitions.
- Project scheduling, from preliminary to ongoing through construction. Should be familiar with scheduling software.
- As a design-build company, our drawings are a good guide, but with a great deal of added design intent revised on site. This candidate should be able to predict the critical design points and get the required feedback from design staff in order to carry out the intentions of design.
- Five or more years of on-site construction management experience.
- Experience in material ordering and management of acquisitions.
- Experience with oversight and/or management on site of subcontractors.
- Experience with budgeting.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Skills in Google Suite or Microsoft Office, primarily Docs/Word and Sheets/Excel
- Experience with Mac OS
- Experience with AutoCAD/Sketchup a plus.
Please email email@example.com with your resume and for more information.